We believe that the Holy Bible as originally written was verbally inspired of the Holy Spirit and the product of the Spirit-controlled men. Believing in the inerrant, infallible authority of the Scriptures, we accept the whole Bible, both Old and New Testament, as the Word of God. II Timothy 3:16, 17; II Peter 1:19-21.
The True God
We believe there is one living and true God, which the Scriptures reveal as eternally existing and manifesting Himself in three persons; the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit, equal in every divine perfection and executing distinct but harmonious offices in the great work of redemption. Exodus 20:2, 3; Matthew 3:16, 17; I Corinthians 8:6; II Corinthians 13:14; John 19:30; I John 5:7; Revelation 4:11.
- Deity and Virgin Birth: We believe that Jesus Christ is absolute Deity, being co-equal with God; begotten of the Holy Spirit in a miraculous manner, born of Mary, a virgin, as no other man was ever born or can be born of woman, and that He is both fully God and fully Man. Genesis 3:15; Isaiah 7:14; Matthew 1:18-25; Luke 1:35; John 1:1,2,14; Philippians 2:6.
- His Atonement for Sin: We believe that the salvation of sinners is wholly of grace through the mediatorial offices of the Son of God, who, by the appointment of the Father, freely took upon Himself our nature, yet without sin, honored the divine law by His personal obedience, and, by His death, made a full and vicarious atonement, through the shedding of His blood, for our sin; He is in every way qualified to be a suitable, compassionate and all sufficient Savior. Isaiah 53:4-7, 11, 12; Matthew 18:11; John 3:16; John 10:18; Acts 15:11; Romans 3:24,25; I Corinthians 15:3, 20; II Corinthians 5:21; Galatians 1:4; Ephesians 2:8; Philippians 2:7, 8; Hebrews 2:14; 7:25; 9:12-15; 12:2; I Peter 2:24; 3:18; I John 2:2; 4:10.
- His Bodily Resurrection: We believe in the literal resurrection of the crucified body of our Lord. Matthew 28:6, 7; Luke 24:39; John 20:27; I Corinthians 15:4.
- His Ascension and Intercession: We believe that the risen, glorified Lord ascended into Heaven; that His present ministry is as our great High Priest and Advocate at the right hand of the throne of God. Mark 16:19; Luke 24:51; Acts 1:9-11; I Timothy 2:5; Hebrews 2:17; 5:9, 10; 8:6; 12:2; I John 2:1; Revelation 3:21.
- His Second Coming: We believe in the personal, pre-millennial and imminent return of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ: that the Scriptures teach it to be in two phases: First, the pre-tribulational Rapture of the Church, the Body of Christ, into the glorious presence of the Son of God and Second, the Revelation of Jesus Christ, as He returns to reign upon the earth on the Throne of His father, David. Isaiah 9:6, 7; Luke 1:32; John 13:3; Acts 1:11; 2:29, 30; I Thessalonians 4:13-18; Hebrews 9:28; James 5:8.
- His Millennial Reign: We believe that Jesus Christ will reign, in righteousness, upon the earth for a literal 1,000 years. Psalm 72:8; Isaiah 11:4, 5; 32:1; I Corinthians 15:25; Revelation 20:1-6.
The Holy Spirit
We believe that the Holy Spirit is a divine person who is equal with God the Father and God the Son, and of the same nature; that He was active in creation; that, in relation to the unbelieving world, He restrains the evil one until God’s purpose is fulfilled; that He convicts of sin, of righteousness and of judgment; that He bears witness to the truth of the Gospel in preaching and testimony; that He is the age of the new birth, that He seals, endues, guides, teaches, witnesses, sanctifies and helps the believer. Genesis 1:1-3; Matthew 28:19; Mark 1:8; Luke 1:35; 24:49; John 1:33; 3:5, 6;14:16, 17, 26; 15:26, 27; 16:8-11, 13; Acts 5:30-32; 11:16; Romans 8:14, 16, 26, 27; Ephesians 1:13, 14; II Thessalonians 2:7, 13; Hebrews 9:14; I Peter 1:2.
The Devil or Satan
We believe in the personality of Satan who is the unholy god of this age and is the author of all powers of darkness. He is destined to the judgment of an eternal justice in the Lake of Fire. Matthew 4:1-3; Mark 1:13; II Corinthians 4:4; Ephesians 2:2; Revelation 20:10.
We believe and accept the six literal 24 hour days of the Genesis account of creation and believe that man came by the direct creation of God and not by evolution; that man was “created in God’s Image.” Genesis, chapters 1 and 2-(specifically Genesis 1:27 and 2:7); John 1:3; Colossians 1:16, 17.
The Fall of Man
We believe that man was created in innocence, under the law of His Maker, but by voluntary transgression, fell from his sinless and happy state in consequence of which all mankind are now sinners, not only by constraint, but of choice; and, therefore, under just condemnation without defense or excuse. Genesis 3:1-6; Romans 1:18, 20, 32; 3:10-19; 5:12, 19; Galatians 3:22; Ephesians 2:1-3.
The New Birth
We believe that, in order to be saved, sinners “must be born again;” that all who receive by faith the Lord Jesus Christ are born again of the Holy Spirit and thereby become the children of God; that the new birth is a new creation in Jesus Christ; that it is instantaneous and not a process; that in the new birth, the one dead in trespasses and in sins is made a partaker of the divine nature and receives eternal life, the free gift of God. Its proper evidence appears in the holy fruits of repentance and faith and newness of life. John 1:12, 13; 3:3, 6, 7, 8; Acts 16:30-33; Romans 6:23; II Corinthians 5:17, 19; Galatians 3:26; 5:22; Ephesians 2:1; 5:9; Colossians 2:13; II Peter 1:4; I John 5:1.